Тема создана: 06 сентября 2021, 18:32 · Автор: Celman Ctraik
 Celman Ctraik
  • Imperial
Imperial
Темная Госпожа

Дата: 06 сентября 2021, 18:32

Fallout-Hawaii

Imp

Tentative project names; Fallout: Aloha or Fallout: Paradise -- EDIT: Logo/Title screen concepts here! Help me decide which one we should go for!

A few months ago I thought that Hawaii, specifically the island of Oahu could be a really awesome location for a Fallout game. What's not to love? A ton of military locations; a natural barrier (the Ocean) eliminating the need for immersion-breaking invisible walls; never-before-seen flora and fauna for the Fallout series; the opportunity to delve into as-of-yet unexplored history regarding the Great War and Fallout lore. Obviously we have nothing canonical about the fate of Hawaii, but I will strive to keep everything as true to the Fallout universe as I can.

Here is my very much WIP map of Oahu. Green line is a raised freeway, and the icons completed so far are mainly the military installations on the islands. Obviously I have a long way to go, but I wanted to share regardless.

I already have a few ideas already about the setting within the universe both pre and post Great War--while the bombs were falling, the remaining Pacific fleets of both the Chinese and American Navy engaged in a colossal naval battle around the islands of Hawaii, littering the coasts and seabeds near Oahu with shipwrecks and downed planes. This would make for some awesome scenery (and some awesome underwater exploration!), and provide a justification for Remnant Ghouls from each side of the army as some of the enemies you'd encounter on the island. Post-war, the islands would act as a trading port between the east and west, introducing the elements of merchants and piracy on the high(ly radioactive) seas into the Fallout universe.

A few people in Hyper's thread expressed concern that Hawaii simply wouldn't be varied enough in terms of terrain to be interesting--I totally disagree. Oahu has high-rises backing onto mountainous jungles, island villages backing onto abandoned military installations and beaches littered with crashed bombers and grounded ships (well, it would in this iteration, anyway). And if this doesn't look like something that should be repurposed into some kind of villain's lair to you, your imagination is obviously broken.

Now as for taking this creative musing to the next level and actually building something with it--I'm not exactly proficient with G.E.C.K.--I did built my own Vault a couple of years ago (as I'm sure a lot of you have), but I am willing to get stuck in and learn as I go to make this dream a playable reality. Obviously this will involve recycling assets from FO3/FONV & expansions, I'm not much of a modeller. As far as I'm aware there aren't a lot of "tropical" style trees in any of the games assets (unless there is anything from Vault 22? Can't remember) which would constitute a large part of the plant life on Oahu, so I'll have to make do with what's available or find something to import.

This does beg the question though; is it worth waiting before jumping in to any actual mod-making? For all we know Fallout 4 could come out this year (fingers crossed!), bringing with it a new generation of assets and gameplay features that could be utilised to make a more visually impressive (and hopefully more stable!) Fallout experience.

So, whether this ultimately becomes nothing more than a fanfiction entry, or does in fact pan out into something more, I don't know yet. But I love brainstorming this kind of stuff and I'm hoping a few of you do too, so if you have anything to add please feel free to do so, otherwise sit back and watch my slow descent into madness. Who knows, maybe together we can make this into something awesome. Aloha, Wastelanders!

EDIT: Thanks for all the awesome inspiration and offers of support guys! I think we can make this into something special. I am working on a way for us to easily collate info and collaborate on stuff--some people have suggested our own subreddit, I was thinking a public Google document... What do you guys think would be best? If you haven't already, make sure to check out thearchitect42's summary post, and piratefaellie's outstanding concept art of some creatures--it's criminal this stuff is buried so far down the thread, 'coz it's fantastic!

Still haven't decided between Aloha & Paradise as a name, so I made up logos/titles for each of them to try and get a feel for which one looked better--but it didn't work! They both still appeal to me! So please, have a look for yourself and let me know which one you guys prefer.

Fallout 5 Hawaii

Для просмотра ссылки Зарегистрируйтесь
    Воспользуйтесь одной из соц-сетей для входа
    РегистрацияВход на форум 
    Сообщество ИмпериалФантастические Миры Фантастические Миры Мир Fallout Моды Fallout 4 Обратная Связь
    Стиль:Language: 
    «Империал» · Условия · Ответственность · Визитка · 24 апр 2024, 02:37 · Зеркала: Org, Site, Online · Счётчики